Tuesday 15 July 2014

Flower Pressing

A few weekends ago I was privileged to attend an absolutely stunning wedding in Dunkeld. It was such a beautiful day that I will always remember as being filled with love and happiness. This morning Nina was eager to sort out the flowers we were given after the wedding that were slowly beginning to droop on my bedside table so I suggested we try pressing them.
 
 

I had a little look on pinterest to find some inspiration and I came across a great page (naturallyeducational.com) via pinterest which had instructions on how to press flowers in the microwave.
It was super easy to do and great for Nina to help with. The results we pretty good but I definitely need to stop being so timid and determined to keep the flowers whole. I need to get out my craft knife and do a little dissecting...
So now the question is what am I going to do with them. I'd love to frame some up for Susanne the lovely bride as a little momento and perhaps save some for a little drawing inspiration.
If you have any ideas for me I would love to hear. I'd also love some blog feedback, please! I want to know who's out there...

Oh and feel free to check out my pinterest - www.pinterest.com/nmesmith1
Thank You!

Naomi&Nina

No comments:

Post a Comment