Thursday 7 August 2014

Islay

Since we've been away exploring the Isle of Islay and the Solway Coast for the past two and a half weeks my blog has been well and truly neglected. However I hope to be back on my feet soon with pics from our travel and some recipes too.
Our first week in Islay was absolutely magical, the weather was exceptionally warm (for us Scottish folk anyway!) and we spent our days exploring loch's and finding our own little beaches. We swam in the sea nearly every day and Nina was always the last to get out the water. A lot of the beaches on Islay are graced with the waves of the Atlantic ocean which made for an exciting paddle.


We had barbeques in our cottage and enjoyed the local seafood and whisky! I've never really enjoyed whisky but the Bowmore distillery opened my eyes to how sophisticated and delicious whisky can be. The distilleries are not lost on the kids either because the staff are so friendly and there were plenty of nibbles to go round. So Islay for us was a winner and I hope to go back one day. Here is a very small selection of photos taken there:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Naomi&Nina

 

No comments:

Post a Comment